Administrators Return to Own Permissions
System administrators with the permission to change user permissions, did use the option "Login with permissions of" to check whether the permissions set were correct.
The system now includes the option to have the administrator return to his own permissions.
Scope now supports the creation of quotations for all types of shipments. This function can be made available to all users as part of standard Scope. Full description of the usage of this function can be found in the Scope Manual. The following permissions are available in the quotations. If you would like to start using the quotations function, please contact your local Scope Support team via a JIRA ticket (F12/Request assistance) indicating which users should have which permissions.
|Quotations||Open the application and create new quotations|
|Quotations - Calculations and Layout tab||View and edit calculations and quotation layouts settings (order of charges / conditions)|
|Edit a Sales Person||Add or change the sales person on a quotation|
|Edit the text of a rate text block||Manually overwrite the details of a rate text block on a specific quotation|
|New one-time address||Allow the creation of quotations for document addresses|
|Filter on branches||Allow the user to see and filter quotations from multiple branches|
Activity Templates - Invoice Line Ordering
In the activity template a new tab has been added that allows the manipulation of the invoice line order by activity group, using an up / down button it is possible to change the position of a section in the invoice details. To influence the whole order of an invoice following items need to be considered.
- The order within one section is determined on the first tab of the activity template.
- The order within the whole invoice is determined on the invoice tab per section within the activity groups.
- If some items of one section are to be ordered differently, an additional section in the activity should be created.
Jobcosting Activity Groups
Invoicing Sequence Section Setup
Date Validity in Transport Order Tariffs
For tariffs calculated on transport orders, Scope used to look for the validity to the economic date of the shipment and not the date of the actual transport. As per version 9.6 tariffs of which the tariff on is set to a transport order will use the following logic:
- PUP - Pickup: the first date/time mentioned in the pickup time window will be used as validity-date criteria
- DTG - Gateway-delivery: the first date/time mentioned in the pickup time window will be used as validity-date criteria
- DTT - Terminal-delivery: the first date/time mentioned in the pickup time window will be used as validity-date criteria
- PFT - Terminal-pickup: the first date/time mentioned in the pickup time window will be used as validity-date criteria
- DTB - Branch-delivery: the first date/time mentioned in the pickup time window will be used as validity-date criteria
- DEL - Delivery: the las date/time mentioned in the delivery time window will be used as validity-date criteria
- DTC - Container delivery: the date/time of the first unloading address will be used as validity-date criteria
- DTP - Container pickup: the date/time of the first loading address will be used as validity-date criteria
Important is that these charge types are listed in the correct activity of the activity template, by means of which Scope will identify whether this calculation should use the transport order date logic.
VAT Number Validation
In Scope it was already possible to validate an EU VAT number in the VIES database directly from the partner, but this was not automatically refeshed. A new add-on is available that will validate an EU VAT number during the finish action of an outgoing or incoming invoice.
- If the VAT number still is valid, the check time stamp will be updated in the partner and in the events tab of the partner.
- If the VAT number is not valid, the user will be informed accordingly and the invoice cannot be finished.
- If the VIES database could not be consulted for a technical reason the user will be informed but allowed to continue.
All results will be logged in the events tab of the partner and of the invoice.
As explained in our blog , Scope has done the conversion of the relevant messages and is ready to connect to Single window.
As part of the conversion Scope now also support the new Single Window Provisioning module.
If you are interested in using the provisioning module, please contact your Scope Support team.
Full description of the provisioning module can be found in the Scope Manual.