Please contact your Scope Support in order to confirm the technical requirements for the usage of scope.
- All computers with executable Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 8 or higher
Please make sure you always have the latest update installed.
Technically the installation of Java 8 is required. Download at http://java.com/
Documentation of technical requirements for operating systems Windows, Linux, OS X and web browsers Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari supported by Java 8 is available at
Java 8: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/certconfig-2095354.html
- 256 MB RAM free system memory
- min. 50 MB free memory space
- All computers with executable Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 8 or higher .
- Monitor: optimal screen resolution 1280 x 900
Browser: Please note the resp. Oracle documentation at http://java.com/sysreq
- All printers connected to Scope must either be connected to a print server or equipped with an Ethernet port (internal print server).
- Scope supports dotmatrix printers, PCL- and PostScript-laser printers and selected label printers.
Which one of the following options is suitable depends on the number of workstations, the amount of business transactions, the pre-existing infrastructure, the demands on quality and reliability of the connection as well as your internal IT guidelines.
Therefore a general recommendation cannot be made, Riege Software International is happy to provide individual advice to each customer.
Option 1 - IPSec-VPN-Tunnel via Internet
Minimum requirements on the customer side:
- synchronous broadband Internet access with at least 2MBit/s, static IP address and without 24h disconnect.
- Router with firewall and IPSec-VPN feature (Astaro Security Gateway preferred).
Both tunnel endpoints may be provided by the customer.
NOTE: It might be required to implement NAT or change the customer's local subnet in order to setup the VPN.
Option 2 - Direct network connection
Direct network connection between the customer's branch offices and Riege Software International's data center installed by the customer or an assigned service provider.
Option 3 - Web Socket
Direct connection to the Scope application over Internet. The data is transfered encrypted using HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure) between server and client. Attention should be paid to the fact that no direct printing is available. Documents must be downloaded an printed on the client. Please choose an other option if direct printing is required.
An synchronous broadband Internet access with at least 2MBit/s is recommended.