In many ways DMS looks similar as AGS. However DMS has extra data elements. DMS offers also the ability to specify details on shipment level in case these are the same for all items. Also the codelists are different from AGS, so the user will have to search again for the correct codes.
The following changes for DMS have been implemented in Scope.
Role NL Customs Partner
For import and export the user can now define several standard values for authorisations and additional references. It are details that can be specified in the declaration itself, but when these are re-occurring for specific Partners, these can be defined in the Partner file and will be automatically takenover into the declaration when that partner is used.
When the partner acts as a declarant in the declaration, its possible to define a standard contact person for this partner. It will be copied into the declaration when this partner is used as declarant.
Role NL Customs Goodslocation
The format of how the goods location is specified in the declaration is changed. There are now several ways to indicate the location. Customs will still use the well-known Postalcode + housenumber in most cases. However for DMS these fields are now split in separate fields: country, postal code and housenumber. In Scope these DMS goods locations will be migrated from the AGS goods location.
A new DMS module/appliance will be visible, next to the existing AGS module. It will have the same look-and-feel as the existing declaration appliances.
DMS Declaration Screenlayouts
The screens of the DMS declaration will be as mentioned below.
- There will be an extra filter field to filter on "Incomplete" declarations. The user can see and filter on declarations for which a supplemental declaration still has to be made. Once the supplemental declaration is accepted, the Incomplete indicator will disappear.
- DMS uses new message codes:
- DMSCUSDEC = Normal import declaration
- DMSCUSDEC_INC = Incomplete import declaration
- DMSCUSDEC_PRE = Advance declaration
- DMSCUSDEC_SUP = Supplemental declaration
- DMSCUSDEC_AMD = Declaration with changes
- DMSIE428 = Acceptance (procedure will gets its MRN)
- DMSNLTAX = Duty and Taxes (for the UTB/Paymentdetails form)
- DMSIE429CLE = Cleared/Released
- DMSIE429ROG = Goods released. Declaration not finalized yet.
- DMSFUNCREJ = Declaration rejected due to functional errors
Details on declaration level
- Seperate fields to indicate a pre-declaration and/or a incomplete declaration
- Authorizations: permits/licenses. F.e. for deferred payment
Details on shipment level
Like in AGS, a DMS declaration will also have only 1 shipment level.
- Nature of Transaction: This has now different codes than in AGS.
- VAT Partner: Its possible to define multiple, although the use case is not clear yet.
- Transports Means: Extra field to indicate the type of identification (like Vesselname or Flightnumber)
- Goods Location: Now split in separate fields.
- Transport Documents: Transport documents that are applicable for a items, can now be specifed once on shipment level instead of the first item
- Transport Equipment(Containers); Containers for this shipment. On item level the user can select in which container(s) the item is stored.
- Codes (Charge Deduction/type) for valuation adjustments are different than in AGS.
- Previous documents: Its now possible to define these on shipment level in case these are the same for all items.
- Certificates/Documents in AGS are in DMS split into 3 types:
- Transport Documents
- Additional References
- Supporting Documents
- Its now possible to define these on shipment level in case these are the same for all items.
Details on Item level
- The commodity code in DMS is now split in separate fields:
- HScode (8 positions)
- Tariccode (2 positions)
- Additional Taric codes (multiple: each 4 positions)
- National code (multiple: each 4 positions)
- Strategic Codes (multiple)
- CUS and UPU codes: used for special purposes like postal shipments
- There are now 2 types of country of origin: preferential and non-preferential
- Valuation method is a new field in DMS
- DV1-indications are now limited to 4 fields
- Certificate/Documents on item level are now split into 2 different groups
- Additional Reference
- Supporting Document
- Transport Document
- Like in NCTS, the buyer, seller and exporter can now differ per item
AGS-templates will not be converted to DMS templates. Like in AGS, the user can save DMS declarations as template
Reporting import-/export declarations
With DMS, there will be a separate reporting/statistics appliance for import/export declarations. This will include both the AGS and DMS declarations. This new appliance also supports creation of layouts so the user can define which columns will be in the report.