Table of contents
Program AREAMNT can be used to link airport and/or seaport codes together to form an Area. Area means maps for certain programs.
z.B. US-EC = USA East Coast = Airport BOS, JFK, WAS, BWI etc
Areas are an optional extra in the programs in which it is available. They do not have to be used.
It is used by large customers who have specially trained personnel to handle large volumes of basic data in a more efficient way.
It requires a good working knowledge of the basic data programs in which it is used in order to set up and used "areas" efficiently.
- Airline Areas for Fuel Surcharge
Since September 2008 some airlines are charging fuel surcharges on a regional basis.
It is now possible to assign an area code to an airline so that each airline can have
its own area.
See Fuel Surcharge Area Installation Manual
AREAMNT * PROCARS * Maintenance file area
Function Keys Before Key In
Details for entry
Inserts new entry
Exits the program
Fields in order of the program:
Types are hardcoded. The following types are available viaF2Lookup:
- SVS Special Birkart SVS (AE)
- SRV Service Levels
- CCP Air Carrier 3rd commission %
- ATB ATB Netrates
- AEF Air Export Flight Control
- CAM Carrier Mail Airports
Name of the map, can be chosen freely
Members of the defined group (Name).
Creating an entry for type AEF:
- F5Insert to create an entry for AEF
- F2Details enters the map to assign a name viaF5Insert. The type AEF defaults:
- F2Details enters the 'SAM' entry to assign ISO codes viaF5Insert. Type AEF and Name SAM default:
Type CAM is defined for PDF creation in combination with @u in carmnt3 . If an eMail address is maintained for the carrier, the system checks in areamnt whether this carrier has destinations defined. If so, prealerts are created for these destinations.
Creating an entry for type CAM:
- F5Insert to create an entry for CAM
- F2Details enters the map to assign a name viaF5Insert. The type CAM defaults:
- F2Details enters the '125' entry to assign FTC/THC codes viaF5Insert. Type CAM and Name 125 default:
U-Type Area Codes
As from Version 1.17 it is also possible to create new area types.
The area types must begin with "U" eg. UFS=Fuel Surcharge Areas.
The U-Type Area Codes can be used when calculating other charges by
entering the Area Code Type in OCNMNT3 @M
One example where this can be used is for entering the fuel surcharges
for AF/KL (Air France / KLM) from Germany/Austria which are based on
dividing the world into three areas.
The Excel File in from AF/KL
AF KL Destinations - NEW FSCeff01 Sep08 V3 DE_AT - 25.08.2008.xls
can be depicted in the area file as in the attached area example file (no guarantee for correctness)